Sunday, 19 August 2007

Sweet Potato Mi Gu


Made On 19/08/07

When somebody know this " Mi Gu" (面团), he or She must be came from North of Malaysia cause this kueh normally only can find from there. Mi Gu is just like Singapore's " 寿桃", the only different is Mi Gu doesn't have filling in it.When any festival, you can see people will sell in the shop or market.
I made " Sweet Potato Mi Gu " today cause will prepare it for praying 7th month festival on Tuesday ( 21/08/07 ) at my company.
I found that it is quite healty food. There is natural sweet and colour from sweet potato
I made a few of tortoises for my kids. They like it very much.

12 comments:

Richard said...

Hi Joanne,
Looks very cute hor, how about taste? hmmm...u know what I mean lor.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Aiyo, Joanne

i never tried this b4 leh.... got chance to try anot huh?

Irene said...

Joanne, 我要吃面龟lei !

Unknown said...

Aunt Irene, Richard & SIS,

Sure, sure! If I have chance, I will make for your guys to try. The taste is really good

Nicole Hah said...

好可愛的mi gu耶﹐還有烏龜的。joanne 好像吃唷﹗

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne

Wonder u can remember me, was complaining that my grape fruit/lemon enzyme no reaction even though after 3days n u replied that just be patience & wait for another day.

For your info, it tastes wonderful & i shld say very successful.

Now hv started my 2nd enzyme, Pineapple, reaction very different i.e. u can starts to c white bubbles on 2nd day already.

Cheers KK

franlanto said...

Hello Joanne,

Don't forget about me huh! I want to eat Mi Gu too. :)

It sounds very healthy, must try it out one day ya.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

hi Joanne

Don't forget to call me when u next make it ya... I will rush over... kekeke...

Eileen said...

我没有吃过面龟,口感如何? 它会难做吗?

Unknown said...

Hi, eileen,

Mi GU is same as sweet bun, quite tastly coz of sweet potato flavour. My colleagues told very nice go with peanut butter or kaya when it is hot. Normally, b4 i eat, i will steam it and will " Q, Q" feeling.

Oink Oink said...

Hi Joanne,
Ah Oink also want 1 面龟, ok?
Thank u ya..
:-D

Eileen said...

Thanks joanne